Wednesday, February 19, 2003

Pop-up ad update


Tripod is one of the few free hosting sites that still allows ftp access, that is why my little bloggy is here. I want to offer some help for anyone who is being attacked by those pesky little pop-ups.
  1. Opera 7.01 - It's a small and fast browser that you can customize and I have it set to allow only pop-ups that I request. The downside is that I can't post to Blogger with it.

  2. POW! - A pop-up blocker that works with Internet Explorer and Netscape. You have to add each pop-up to its kill list once and then it blocks it each time.

  3. Alexa 7.0 - A nifty little toolbar for IE. It now includes pop-up blocker in addition to a Google search box, site info, dictionary and thesaurus. I just started using it yesterday, if you can't live without your IE this might be the way to go. It is very easy to install and when it detects a new pop-up it asks if you want to accept it or block it.

If anyone has any other suggestions please let me know.

No comments: