Sunday, November 21, 2004

U2 Rocked SNL

Tonight's Saturday Night Live viewers were treated to a third song by U2. After the last commercial break host Luke Wilson and Bono were sitting on the edge of the stage with the cast behind them when Bono got up and went over to the music stage and U2 performed "I Will Follow". It looked like the live audience was even treated to one more song after that. I've wanted to go see SNL in person for years but I never did. This would have been a good one to see live.

I remember buying my first U2 recording in 1983. I saw them live in 1992. I actually heard them live all summer when I was working at Hersheypark and they were practicing for their outdoor ZOO TV tour. I still love U2. I'm not like a crazy fan or anything but I enjoy seeing them perform.

Anyhow, this was a welcome change from the Ashlee Simpson lip-sync fiasco.

****update****

Here is a link to the video of the "I Will Follow" performance at the end of the show.

No comments: