Wednesday, July 23, 2003

Still in Cambridge Mass.

If you come to Harvard I recommend that you stop at John Harvard's Brew House. They have a selection of excellent beers. I have tried their Pale Ale and Red and both were very good.

For breakfast there is a little place in Harvard Square called The Greenhouse. They offer several breakfast specials at a reasonable price and the food is good, especially the bread products.

This is a very lively place at night, even on a Tuesday. There were several musicians playing on the street with small crowds sitting and watching. There are also a lot of "street people" but I guess that is a characteristic of most college towns. There was one old guy with a long gray beard and bushy gray hair sitting in a doorway writing on a napkin and mumbling. Three hours later I walked by again and he was still there, still writing on a napkin and talking to himself. It looked like some sort of mathematical problem that he was working on, but it could have been jus a bunch of letters.

The Harvard campus is beautiful. The buildings are beautiful. I'll have to post some pictures when I get home.

I am going to a friend's apartment in Brighton tonight for dinner. Then back to the library tomorrow.

No comments: