Tuesday, July 22, 2003

Baseball in Boston

I went to the Red Sox-Tigers game last night--it was a blowout. Boston scored five runs in the second and the six in the third. I enjoyed the experience. We sat in the grandstand seats in right field, right down the first base line.

I went to the concession stand to get a beer--for $6.25, not a big beer just a 16 ounce cup with an inch of foam on top. I felt like John Travolta in Pulp Fiction when Uma Thurman orders a "five dollar shake" and he asks her for sip so that he can see what a $5.00 shake tastes like. A $6.25 beer tastes about the same as a $2 beer, only warmer. Anyhow, I recommend the Polish sausage with peppers and onions...mmmm.

I thought that I was going to die coming back to Cambridge from the game. I took th "T" (subway) and the line at the station went up the steps and on to the street. If there would have been a fire or something hundreds of people would have been trampled.

I want to go back and take the Fenway Park tour later this week if the weather cooperates. But right now I am headed back to the library.

No comments: