Thursday, October 28, 2004

Farewell baseball, see ya in '05

Thank god the Red Sox finally won a World Series. Now we won't have to hear New Englanders whining about "the curse" and always coming up short. The Phillies may be the losingest team in baseball but at least I've seen them win a World Series and I've attended one of their World Series games in person.

It was an exciting post season this year. Boston's comeback from three games down to the Yankees and then a World Series sweep was quite a feat. And in the NL I happy that Houston was not in the World Series. First, because they're from Texas and I find it hard to cheer on anything from Texas. Second, because I don't like Roger "I-don't-make-roadtrips-unless-I'm-pitching" Clemens and Andy "Power for Living" Pettite.

I thought that the Phillies had a good shot at the post season this year, but they had a major meltdown in July and never recovered. Ah well, next year starts in five months.

No comments: