Friday, October 17, 2003

A Nation Under the "Real" (Christian) God?

Deputy Undersecretary of Defense for Intelligence Lt. Gen. William Boykin has been giving speeches to evangelical church groups and making statements like this:
    from Top terrorist hunter’s divisive views By Lisa Myers and the NBC Investigative Unit
    During a January church speech in Daytona, Fla., Boykin recalled a Muslim fighter in Somalia who bragged on television the Americans would never get him because his God, Allah, would protect him: “Well, you know what I knew, that my God was bigger than his. I knew that my God was a real God, and his was an idol.”

I just wanted to remind everyone that Dubya, while Governor of Texas, proclaimed Jesus Day in Texas. Is this an evangelical christian theocracy in disguise?

No comments: