Monday, October 20, 2003

Movies

I saw Sofia Coppola's new film Lost in Translation on Friday. It is one of the best films that I have seen in a while. Bill Murray once again shows the world that he is not only funny but yes indeed an actor. The film is filled with funny moments yet tragic at the same time.

In addition to wonderful acting by Murray and Scarlett Johansson, there are some visually stunning shots of Tokyo and the opening scene of Miss Johansson certainly grabbed my attention.

I watched Jean-Pierre Jeunet's Delicatessen again this weekend. I love that film. One of my favorite scenes is when the handyman is trying fix a spring on a woman's bed. The two of them sit on the bed bouncing as Hawaiian music is playing on a black and white TV. And last night after the ballgame got out of hand I watched another of Jeunet's films -- Amélie, delightful film and the colors are beautiful.

No comments: