Wednesday, June 25, 2003

What's up with Dr Dean?

I was a bit disappointed in Governor Dean's "performance" over the weekend. At the Sunday's Rainbow/PUSH Coalition Democratic Presidential Forum he came across as arrogant and easily flustered. The same goes for his Meet the Press appearance. On paper his positions look good but after seeing him live I have doubts that he could win against Bush.

I was impressed by Kucinich. Sure he looks kind of nerdy and even unpresidential but I have read his postion papers on his website and he seemed more committed and at ease than Dean when answering questions. Al Sharpton scored more points with me than Dean did.

And this is a bit early but I'll put it out there. I have been watching Senate hearings on C-SPAN and I have been impressed with Senator Blanche Lincoln of Arkansas. Does anyone else think that she might be a good running mate for the eventual Democratic nominee.

She is a fiscally conservative, socially moderate woman from the South. That seems like a pretty good combination for a VP candidate.

No comments: