Thursday, June 05, 2003

Opportunity missed...

I got home today and found two little pamphlets stuffed in my door. The Jehovah's Witnesses stopped while I was out. I look forward to their visit all year and they come while I'm not here. Well, I don't really look forward to it but I enjoy the screendoor debate.

A few years ago a young couple stopped by on a cold January day with their coatless 5 year old daughter. I would have engaged them in a longer debate but I refuse to let them in and I felt sorry for the kid that they were using to gain entry to people's homes.

I don't have a problem with them practicing their religion, I just have a problem with proselytization in general. Although telling people of other religions that they are instruments of the devil is somewhat misguided. And parading an innocent child around in the cold without a coat is just wrong.



[Listening to: God Save the Queen - The Sex Pistols - Never Mind the Bollocks Here's the Sex Pistols [Import Bonus Live] (03:19)]

No comments: