Wednesday, October 23, 2002

Today was Be-rude-to-Rob Day. I swear that every person that I had contact with today was rude to me. Normally I don't care because I think to myself that if I was doing their job I would be unpleasant too.

The kid waiting on me in the library would not speak in sentences. He would grunt an unintelligible sound and then when I asked him to repeat himself he rolled his eyes and gave me an attitude. I think that he may have even insulted me but I could not understand him.

The other thing that bothers me is when people are walking toward me on the sidewalk and refuse to yield. I usually move out of their way but today I tried an experiment. I walked on the right side of the sidewalk and whenever a group approached me I just held my ground, looking straight ahead and moving forward* like they weren't even there. I think that four guys ran into me.


* thanks to Carey for the heads-up on the video :-))

No comments: