Thursday, February 03, 2005

The Arcade Fire

I was up feeding the baby the other night and turned on the television. I flipped over to NBC's Late Night with Conan O'Brien just in time for the musical act. I am so happy that I did. The act was The Arcade Fire. This was my favorite group since the Trachtenburg Family Slideshow Players, and like the Tractenburgs they need to be seen to be appreciated.

You've gotta love any band that has a girl out front playing an accordian. This is the best use of an accordion since Nirvana showed up at their Unplugged gig with one. They also had two violins and a percussion section. It was really quite a show visually as well as musically.

There are three streaming audio files here. They played the first one (Neighborhood #2) on Late Night.

I have to get the CD now.

No comments: