Tuesday, March 18, 2003

Corey's Manifesto...feel free to comment

Published at the request of the author:

    In response to an antiwar sentiment visible amongst postings and 
    
    graphics on the website...?and for the purposes of enlightening others to my
    belief that there is much more to the war mongering than just war
    mongering, or to have others enlighten me on their views...

    Corey: Hi Rob... nice to see political site not run by politicians...
    any chance you'd post my last so others could comment? I'm sure there's
    much I and others could learn by bringin stuff out in the open in such
    a forum... thank-you...

    I have a question to ask of the folks who oppose the current war
    situation (Early 2003 George Bush versus Iraq/Saddam Hussein)... And this
    is an honest question designed to help all of us understand stuff more
    clearly by comparing views and compiling all possible pros and cons...
    Everybody knows Saddam is a bad guy... whether or not he's bad enough
    that we should invade and overthrow him aside, we all should agree that
    he's not good. Whether George Bush's reason for attacking him is Terror
    or 9/11 related or something else he's not telling... do you folks at
    least acknowledge that there are scores of "conspiracies" involving our
    gov't and other world gov'ts which We the People could only begin to
    understand. I acknowledge that many if not all of these "agendas" are
    probably considered morally wrong by the majority of us.

    However, to paraphase a christian line (I am an Atheist btw...
    please no religious backlash because there is no god) "Let he who is without
    sin, cast the first stone..." The US, the Republican War Mongers, the
    Democratic Bleeding Hearts, the Independents Rebellious...

    Look people...no one is perfect. Period. Is there any concession
    that whatever their hidden agendas may be, we still live in the most free
    and prosperous country in the world? I hate to say it, but of all the
    worlds evils, and of all the worlds imperfect people and gov'ts and
    factions thereof, isn't THIS one, the United States, whether current power
    rests in Democrat, Republican, or Others hands, the lesser of all the
    evils? Perfection is impossible.

    Until we as a human race find a way to transcend our very humanity,
    this sorta stuff is going to happen. Would you prefer that Saddam's
    Agenda be the Ruling One? Perhaps you would all prefer that all females
    were put through the 'barbaric' (eh? I think...) clit-removal surgeries
    of radical Islamics. Would you prefer a scalpal and anesthesia or just
    the neck of a broken glass bottle?

    And you might say that such is only the most radical example... But
    I ask you hasn't history and simple human nature shown that those who
    believe in such barbarisms are usually the most aggressive. And those of
    us who do not are also naturally much more passive. And therefore, by
    definition of those words, the most radical will powerfully influence
    the whole?

    On a different note. Let's look at the economics of it all. So our
    Imperialist Capitalism is Raping the World Economy for our own
    gluttonous benefit... we also use that same money to continue to assert our
    influence over the world in every conceivable way. From insuring that we
    get cheap oil, to making sure we have influence over other nations such
    to permit our CIA infiltrators, who do their best to keep an ear our for
    anyone planning to try to pull a move on us.

    Perhaps you would prefer to withdraw from this world power scene?
    Who should be the next to take over? Do you trust that the French will
    maintain dominance over the factions of the world such as to keep them
    from killing innocents? Or that the Chinese will uphold anyones civil
    liberties? The civil liberties we ALL (myself included) take for granted?
    Or the Brits , the Russians, the Zimbabweans, or the Chileans?

    But let's not cite national examples... each nation of the world has
    a hundred facions. To stereotype a country in such a manner would be
    inaccurate at best.

    Yes, there are conspiracies... conspiracies and hidden agendas and
    power plays which permit a few to become filthy rich and powerful.
    However, to be honest, I wouldn't mind being rich... even just a million or
    two... but as an intelligent capable American Citizen I have a choice,
    a freedom. The freedom to devote my life (to sell my soul, in my
    opinion) to becoming rich. A billion dollars can be made from mere ideas. I
    simply choose to be free. It's my choice not to fight to join the rich.
    Everyone is free to fight to join them.

    Many have tried. Many who are absolutely no different than they are.
    And randomly, those who made it, made it. Call it a Dark
    Econo-Political Chaotic Darwinism, if you'd like. Its just how it goes.

    I believe George Bush has a hidden agenda. But my statement to all
    who oppose him is: "So what?!" Like Bill Clinton, Ronald Reagan, Ross
    Perot, and Al Gore didn't have hidden agendas. So maybe he DID manipulate
    the Florida vote to become our President. Whatever! It's another
    pseudo-Darwinistic type of deal. If Al Gore had made it, we would all be
    bitching about something else!

    I'm sure I have pissed a lot of you completely off. And GOOD!
    Passionate discussion is far more productive! I wanna hear about it. Tell me
    I'm wrong... but please elaborate. I WANT you to convince me of your
    ideals... I promise to view all objectively and glean the most sensible
    and add them to my own understanding of our Times.

    Rob... and users and viewers of this website... Thank-you... now lemme
    hear it! --- Corey

    *** Response from Rob... whom I believe to be the site creator, as he
    posted my "manifesto" as he named this...
Corey, I point you to the following:
    Principles of the Nuremberg Tribunal, 1950
    No. 82
    Principle Vl


    The crimes hereinafter set out are punishable as crimes under international law:
      a. Crimes against peace:
        i. Planning, preparation, initiation or waging of a war of aggression or a war in violation of international treaties, agreements or assurances;

        ii. Participation in a common plan or conspiracy for the accomplishment of any of the acts mentioned under (i).

It is no secret that the Bush Regime Administration and those who voted for him are not very fond of the United Nations. But we are a member nation of the UN and I think that it could be argued that this is a "war of aggression," which would put Bush and Blair in violation of international law.

No comments: