Tuesday, August 27, 2002

Sleep is still eluding me. I can nod off on a transit bus in the middle of the afternoon but I can't fall asleep in my bed. The good thing is that I have been more productive lately. I fear that I am starting to look and and sound like Ellen Feiss, although I find her hilarious in that spot.

Last weekend we went to a Pennsylvania Dutch Festival which, as it turned out, had nothing to do with the PA Dutch. I got there expecting to see lots of Amish baked goods and jellies and quilts. Instead, it was table after table of middle aged chubby white women selling cutesy knick knacks and jewelry.

A whoopie pie or slice of pumpkin roll or homemade pie is what I was looking for. But, there was only one table manned by Amish or Mennonites out of the 200 or so.

Of course the Peruvian panpipe players were there. They are at every county fair and flea market I have ever been to. People must actually buy their CDs.

No comments: