Thursday, August 22, 2002

"In Germany they [the Nazis] came first for the Communists, and I
didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist. Then they came for the
Jews, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew. Then they came
for the trade unionists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a
trade unionist. Then they came for the Catholics, and I didn't speak
up because I was a Protestant. Then they came for me, and by that
time no one was left to speak up."

-- Pastor Martin Niemoeller, 1946.

See: "Camps for Citizens: Ashcroft's Hellish Vision"

I hope that Ashcroft doesn't consider me an enemy combatant now. :)

BBC Coverage


Ashcroft at a press briefing in front of the statue "Spirit of Justice" before he had a $8,650 drape installed to cover the bare breasted figure.


On a lighter note, you can listen to:

The Potato Ball Incident

No comments: