Saturday, December 31, 2005

Baby update

Well, Baby turned one year old a few weeks ago. Things have been crazy and I haven't had the time or the energy to post much. Anyhow, we had a little party for him and he had his first taste of cake and ice cream.

We are just overwhelmed with toys now. Between the gifts for his birthday and xmas...ugh. We were tempted to stop at Goodwill and unload half of his xmas presents on the way home from visiting grandparents and aunts and uncles on xmas.

Baby woke up with two new teeth on Christmas morning, so he now has eight teeth. I also noticed a big purple-blue spot on his lower gums right where his 12-month molar will come in. The poor kid had to be in pain but he was as pleasant as he always is. The next day he had a cough and some congestion. After he finished his breakfast he had a coughing fit and gagged himself until he vomited. Yuck.

He has been signing lots of new words and repeating words when I read to him. I took him to the shoe store a few weeks ago and as he was trying on shoes he was signing "more". I thought that he was hungry because sometimes he uses "more" when he wants to eat. Then we got home and I told him I was taking his shoes off and he did it again. I finally realized that he was trying to sign "shoes" which is very similar to "more". I was kind of surprised that he remembered the sign for shoes because it is not one that we used a lot.

Today he was sitting on the floor looking through his "Ten Little Rabbits" book and he turned the page and there was a picture something like this and he looked up at me and put his hand in front of his mouth and said "hushhhh". That is what we do when we read "Goodnight Moon" and we get to the old lady whispering hush. And she looks like the rabbits in the book he was looking at. Sometimes I am amazed watching his little brain work.

We go for his twelve month check up and shots in a few days.

No comments: