Thursday, November 07, 2002

Okay, I think I may have mentioned this berfore but John Ashcroft is a very, very dangerous man.


Today Ashcroft held a news conference about the snipers. Apparently the feds moved in and filed charges first for the sole purpose of deciding where these guys would face trial. The federal charges on which they were being held were dropped and the accused snipers sent to the jurisdiction where they would have the best chance of being convicted and executed the fastest.

Why is the Justice Department in the middle of this? These guys, if convicted, will certainly be sentenced to either life in prison or death. I think Ashcroft will delight in playing a part in putting black non-christian men to death.

He should read his bible again. Commandment Six is "Thou shalt not Kill." Four simple words. Or are right-wing christians above their own god's law as well as their country's laws?

I know I sound like a black-helicopter-anti-government whacko, but I really am not. My idea of the role of government just differs from this administration's. Government should help the citizens and protect them, not look for people who are not like them and do its best to oppress them and force its religious beliefs on everyone else.

No comments: